Homeowners insurance will cover your home against physical damage resulting from risks such as burglary or theft, severe storms, or damage due to fire. It also provides some coverage for personal belongings as well as liability protection for bodily injury or property damage that was caused by you or your family members to other people. At Red River Insurance Agency we are able to bring value to our customers by shopping their homeowners coverage with multiple carries to find the best fit for your personal needs. Although we offer the ability to initiate a homeowners insurance quote on our website, most quotes will require follow up from an agent to ensure we have your home properly covered. We will consult with you to make sure you understand your coverage limits and deductibles as well as what is and is not covered by your policy.
Homeowners Insurance FAQ’s
Is homeowners insurance required by law?
- Homeowners insurance is not required by law but if you have borrowed money to buy your home it is likely going to be required by your lender.
What is covered by my homeowners insurance policy?
- Most standard homeowners policies include coverage for your home’s structure, your personal belongings, liability protection, and additional living expenses if you are temporarily unable to live in your home because of an insured disaster. One thing to note however is that your personal belongings are not covered for the full replacement value on a standard homeowners policy. This is where we bring value to you, our customer, by helping you to determine the appropriate amount coverage and attempting to prevent you from being under-insured.
Does my homeowners policy cover my house in the event of a flood?
- Standard homeowners policies do not cover losses due to flood or earthquake, however, those risks can be covered with separate policies.
Renters insurance is an often overlooked, yet relatively cheap, insurance policy. Many renters mistakenly believe that in the event of a fire or theft their landlord’s insurance policy will cover the damage. What they fail to understand is that their landlord’s policy will only cover the building and grounds, it does not cover the renter for their personal property inside the apartment. Renters insurance also includes liability coverage for the renter. In the event that a guest is injured in their home and as a result incurs extensive medical bills, renters insurance provides you with coverage. At Red River Insurance Agency we will help you determine how much coverage would be necessary to protect you should something happen and we will shop different companies to get you the best rate for that insurance.
We protect every aspect of YOU!
- Social Security Identity Theft
- Financial Identity Theft
- Driver’s License Identity Theft
- Criminal Identity Theft
- Medical Identity Theft
- Insurance Identity Theft
- Synthetic Identity Theft
- Tax Identity Theft
- Child Identity Theft
- Get Advice
- Protect Yourself
- Get Assistance
- Get Alert Info
- We Monitor Your Credit
- Track Your Credit Score
- Payday Loan Monitor
- Court Records Activity
- We Alert You When There Is Any Activity
$5MM Service GUARANTEE
- Complete Restoration
Some companies provide REIMBURSEMENT.
Others companies are simply REACTIVE.
ID Shield guarantees 100% RESTORATION.
UNLIMITED CREDIT COUNSELING IS AVAILABLE.
Do you need special protection on a valuable or sentimental article of property? A personal articles policy is additional coverage that’s over and above the typical coverage in a homeowners insurance policy. Scheduled personal property protects valuable items that are out of the ordinary and need to carry separate coverage to ensure that their full value is covered in the event of a claim. Items such as:
- Fine Arts
- Gold Equipment
- Musical Instruments
- Various Other Collectibles